FREE Standard UK DELIVERY on all orders over £60
Cart 0

Just Because Card Using Mama Elephant's "Wish Upon A Star" Stamp Set!

brodiecreations Bumbleberry Papercrafts Claire-Anne Brodie Craft Supplies Distress Oxides Honey Bee Stamps Mama Elephant Stamping Wish Upon A Star

Hey lovelies!
"Just because" cards are probably my favourites to make, as I tend to send cards to my loved ones quite often out of the blue to let them know I'm thinking of them. The "Wish Upon A Star" stamp set from Mama Elephant is adorable and I had to get it, especially when I saw that bunny on the moon! 
I stamped all of the images out in my Misti using Gina K's Amalgam Jet Black ink and coloured the three images I planned to use for my card using my alcohol markers. I added white highlights and details using a gel pen before I fussy cut them out. 
I cut a small scalloped panel from white card stock using Mama Elephant's "Framed Tags" Waverly Creative Cuts. I secured it in my Misti and stamped the clouds using Gina K's Amalgam Jet Black ink again. I coloured the clouds with my alcohol markers using the colourless blender to blend the grey ink out a little. I used Honey Bee Stamps' "Double Stitched Circles" Honey Cuts to cut a window towards the top of my panel.
I cut another panel from white card stock using the small scalloped die and blended it with Victorian Velvet and Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Inks. I splattered it with some white metallic watercolour paint to give the illusion of stars. Once the paint was dry I adhered this background behind my panel with the clouds so the colour would only show behind the window. I adhered the bunny sitting on the moon flat to my panel using Scor-Tape and popped the cloud up just below him with 3M Scotch Double Sided Foam Tape.
I used the second largest of Mama Elephant's "Basic Rectangles" Creative Cuts to cut a panel from white card stock. I put down some pink metallic watercolour paint on to my glass craft mat, sprayed it with water and placed my card stock in to it repeatedly, being sure to dry it using my heat tool between layers. I splattered the panel with the same watercolour paint (slightly more concentrated) and set aside to dry. While the paint was drying I stamped my sentiment on a strip of white card stock using Gina K's Amalgam Jet Black ink again and cut in to the ends to create my banner. I adhered my scalloped panel to my background panel with the watercolour paint, adhered my sentiment banner flat under the window using Scor-Tape and popped the bunny up to the side of it using foam tape. I cut one last panel from white card stock to frame my scene using the largest of the "Basic Rectangles" Creative Cuts and adhered everything to my card base using Scor-Tape.
Thanks for reading lovelies! I'll see you next week with another card!

Older Post Newer Post

Leave a comment