I've had to swap my day from Monday to Thursday this week due to some unexpected circumstances. However, I have a lovely quick and easy card to share wit you.
Do you ever feel intimidated by all the amazing watercolor designs you see online because I know I do. It's important to for me to experiment with all types of coloring, ink blending and cardmaking and I'm learning not everything I make needs to take hours. You with me?
My project today took just under 30 minutes from start to finish. It would have been a lot quicker if I'd planned the design but there's fun in just going for it.
We've used the Altenew Paint-a-Flower, Coral Sunset which is still available in the shop. I adore paint-a-flower launches because the price point is moderate and the image always beautiful
Miss you hug enclosed shaker card
- Cut watercolor panel 5.5 inches by 4.25 inches.
- Stamp image with Versafine Ink.
- Watercolor with Sakura Koi Brush Markers, yellow and orange for the flower, pink for leaves and peacock blue for the background.
- Stamp 'miss you' and 'hug enclosed' on your panel once completely dry.
- Add black and white Liquitex ink splatter to your panel.
- Gold heat emboss 'hug enclosed' on black card ands trim.
- Add sequins and seed beads to a shaker pocket before placing your panel inside, sealing shut.
- Add the embossed sentiment to the outside of your shaker pocket.
- Add panel to A2 card blank.
This is one of the quickest watercolor cards I've ever made and it was really fun to not worry about lots of layers or shading. The addition to the shaker pocket with the sequins and seed beads adds more interest and fun to your card without detracting from the image or message.
There will be a video later today over on my YouTube Channel if you'd like to see that it was actually super quick to make. https://www.youtube.com/c/Kittenmoose
Thanks so much and have a great day!
Lots of crafty hugs