Hi everybody! Now, there's still time to get your Christmas cards made and I have a quick, easy and fun idea using one of the new dies from Hero Arts, City Window Fancy Die. I think this is going to go quickly as it's amazing!
It's technically not a Christmas die but that's how I've used it today and it's beautiful!
- Die cut the City Window and snip out the building design.
- Ink blend the very top if it with Speckled Egg Distress Ink and put aside.
- Take the waste from the window die cut and ink blend with Distress Oxides, Chipped Sapphire. I've also use Hero Hues from the Sea collection, Splash and Blue Hawaii. These are called reactive inks and are similar to Oxides. Set aside to dry.
- Use White Unicorn Ink to soften the bottom half of the dome, a little goes a long way to be careful to add a tiny amount to your blending brush.
- Once dry, use white liquid acrylic ink to make a snowy scene by splattering the ink onto your dome.
- Cut a piece of smooth white card 3.75 inches, and a piece of silver glitter card 4 inches.
- White heat emboss onto black card, 'wish you were here',
- Layer your elements with foam pads and adhere to a little 5-inch square card blank.
- Add silver sequins to finish.
This die set isn't necessarily Christmas themed, but it's perfect just the same! This is one of my favorite dies from the new collection.
Thanks for visiting me today and I'll see you next Thursday!
Sending lots of love, kittenmoose.