FREE Standard UK DELIVERY on all orders over £60
Cart 0

Autumnal Themed Card Using Lawn Fawn's "Outside-In Stitched Pumpkin" Dies!

Autumn brodiecreations Bumbleberry Papercrafts Card Claire-Anne Brodie Die Cutting Dies Distress Oxides Lawn Fawn Mama Elephant Outside-In Stitched Pumpkin Stamping Stamps

Hello lovelies!
I'm back after a short break last week with an autumnal card using the Outside-In Stitched Pumpkin dies from Lawn Fawn!
I cut my pieces from white card stock except for the face, which I cut from black card stock. I decided not to use the face as my card went in a different direction. I used Carved Pumpkin and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Inks to colour my pumpkin and the stem, and coloured the tendril with green alcohol markers. I adhered my stem and tendril to the back of my pumpkin with Scor-Tape. I used my Misti stamping tool to stamp my sentiment from Lawn Fawn's "Spooky Village" stamp set on white card stock, using Gina K's Amalgam Jet Black ink. I trimmed my sentiment strip down to size, cut the ends to create a banner shape and adhered it across my pumpkin using 3M Scotch Double Sided Foam Tape.
I was particularly fond of these leaves once I had created them and could definitely see myself making more like these for future autumnal cards! I used Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber and a little tiny bit of Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Inks and laid them down on my glass crafting mat. I sprayed them with a little bit of water and placed my white card stock down on it repeatedly, drying between layers until I was happy with the outcome. I splattered it with some metallic gold watercolour paint to give it some more texture and shimmer before using the leaf die to cut as many as I could from the panel.
I used the largest of Mama Elephant's "Basic Rectangles" Creative Cuts to cut a black panel and the second largest to cut a white panel. I blended Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Inks on to my white panel, only using the Fossilized Amber around the edges. I used my Distress Sprayer to distress my panel and splattered with gold metallic watercolour paint.
I started to adhered my leaves to my pumpkin flat with Scor-Tape, building across the way as I went. I popped my pumpkin and leaves up on my yellow panel with 3M Scotch Double Sided Foam tape and adhered my yellow panel to my black panel with Scor-Tape. I decided at the last minute to add two leaves under my pumpkin, one at each side with Scor-Tape as I felt it framed the pumpkin better and adhered my panel to my card base.
Thanks for reading lovelies! I'll see you next week with another card.

Older Post Newer Post

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published